Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Pregnancy that keeps on giving: Polyhydramnios

If I believed in such things, I would think that the universe is making sure that my last pregnancy is one not to forget. On top of normal pregnancy issues that pop up towards the end of pregnancy like insomnia, flu like symptoms and braxton hicks, my pregnancy is now handing out a hugely uncomfortable pregnant belly due to high amniotic fluid, or polyhydramnios.

My high amniotic fluid is being caused by my gestational diabetes and my number last week was still in the mild category, 29, so thankfully it's not that severe of a case right now. That being said, my goodness, I look like I swallowed a beach ball. My skin is stretched so far it itches and I'm getting new stretch marks.

On top of that, Baby Girl is measuring large. And by large, I mean she's measuring full term now. A. also measured large but only by 2 weeks, Baby Girl is measuring 4+ weeks ahead. What size she really is, who knows? 

This week brings the now normal routine of biweekly NSTs and BPPs but also gets me one week closer to meeting her. I can't wait :)

No comments: