Monday, July 8, 2013

S'more Layer Bars

I'm not sure about you but the only aspect I actually like about summer time and camping is s'mores. Really, that's it. So for book club, which was outside and during the summer, I decided to make s'more peanut butter bars.

I've made versions of this before but I couldn't remember the ratios. So when I saw it over at Idle Wife I was so excited. The thing though? I ran out of time and asked A. and My Mom to make it for me. It was a great munchkin activity My Mom said, sticky but super easy. My Mom increased the peanut butter and chocolate and changed the process just a bit. 


S'more Peanut Butter Bars
These don't exactly set-up super firm, more of a gooey , crumply bar. You will need some napkins and a drink for these for sure. These made more than enough for a 7x11.

Ingredients
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup melted butter

1/4 cup butter
2 cups peanut butter
3 cups chocolate chips

3 cups marshmallows

1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

Directions
Line 7x11 with foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray.

Mix graham cracker crumbs, salt and sugar. Add melted butter. Press into bottom of pan.

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool.

Using a double boiler, melt the butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Spread half the chocolate mixture over the crust.

Layer the marshmallows over the chocolate.

Pour the rest of the chocolate mixture over the marshmallows.

Top with the remaining graham cracker crumbs.

Place in fridge to set up.

No comments: