Saturday, April 27, 2013

My date with the orange jug

If you've never had to go to a lab to collect ones of these beauties, consider yourself lucky.

 
Last Sunday I was stuck in the house doing a 24 hour urine collection to make sure everything with me and Baby were going good. I did a baseline 24 hour urine catch for preeclampsia at 13 weeks due to having it with A.'s pregnancy. My OB prefers that her patients do a baseline before 16 weeks just to be safe.

On top of the baseline, my OB was a bit worried this week due to the fact that I have had a now constant headache for the last 2 weeks combined with "seeing stars" and extreme dizziness. They aren't the worse kind of headaches I've ever head, I come from a family with migraines, but still, not fun. My OB said headaches are very normal for pregnancy but she likes to be safe in ruling out other reasons.
 
Well the results are back including lab work and a 12 hour fast blood sugar check (on a different day) and yay, everything is normal!
 
My OB was pleased with the results and told me that my headaches may just be normal for this pregnancy, which isn't a great answer she admits, but it at least is not blood pressure issues or gestational diabetes.
 
So now, with my OB's approval, I get to take meds and drink caffeine. Yay!  Up to 4 times a day, every time my head starts hurting, I need to: eat a snack that combines carbs and protein, take 1,000mg of Tylenol and a boost of caffeine (1 can of pop or 1 cup of coffee or 1 shot of espresso). Sounds good to me :)

No comments: