Monday, April 29, 2013

Fried Egg, Sausage and Tomato Breakfast Pizza

Like I've stated before, I am not a breakfast person. But I am a breakfast pizza for dinner kind of person. So when I saw the idea of a breakfast pizza, I knew I had to give it a try. I've made this several times now and each time, just as yummy!

It's super simple with basic ingredients I already had on hand. The Husband and A. liked it and A. who normally doesn't even eat eggs, gave the white part a try. He said the ranch he drowned it in helped.


Fried Egg, Sausage and Tomato Breakfast Pizza
If you buy premade dough, I find mine in the frozen section and let it defrost and rise overnight in the fridge, this goes even faster. Even with my pizza stone, I always put parchment paper under my dough, I find my oven runs hot even with adjusting the temperature and this seems to prevent the bottom from burning. Best of all, the leftovers reheat wonderfully for actual breakfast the next day.

Ingredients
pizza dough - either premade or make your own
olive oil
grated parmesan cheese

breakfast sausage - browned and drained
roma tomatoes - sliced thin
shredded mozzarella cheese
3 eggs

Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Roll out your pizza dough to the thickness you like. Brush the top of the dough with a thin coating of olive oil and sprinkle the grated parmesan over the top.

Bake in oven for 3-4 minutes.

Top pizza with sausage, roma tomatoes and shredded cheese. Crack each egg carefully on top of the cheese.

Bake for 12-15 minutes. Adjust time and temperature as needed to ensure that the pizza doesn't burn but the fried eggs are done.

No comments: