Monday, September 24, 2012

Baked Egg Cups

I'm still not a morning person so when I saw another way to cook eggs in the morning with even less prep than my Spinach, Tomato and Feta Egg Bake I was super excited to give it a try. It is essentially how I make eggs in my muffin tins but in souffle cups it looks fancier.

Apparently making eggs this way makes them eggs en cocotte. I don't know how to say that so instead, I am just calling them baked egg cups. I used souffle cups and put 3 eggs in each one because I only own 4 of them and had a dozen eggs to use up by today and didn't want to do this more than once. It makes more than enough eggs to share between two people.

They reheat just fine but don't do it on high power. The Husband did this and the egg whites exploded apparently out of the cup. I don't know how he managed it, but he did. So just wanted to throw that out there.

Baked Egg Cups
The consistency and taste was exactly like hard boiled eggs without the peeling afterwards! You can make the yolks runnier if you want by decreasing the time.

Ingredients
olive oil spray

tablespoon of milk; one for each souffle cup
12 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Fill a 8x12 baking pan half way with water. The original directions said to put a towel down so the souffle cups don't move around but I skipped this step and was fine.

Spray your souffle cups with olive oil spray. Place in the baking pan.

Put a tablespoon of milk into each souffle cup. Crack three eggs per cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Your eggs are done when they are firm but jiggly.

No comments: