Wednesday, September 12, 2012

10 Minute Toddler Road Trip

I live in a smallish town. We live within 3 hours of driving time to Chicago, Detroit and Canada, so honestly, it's "smallness" doesn't bother me now as an adult like it did as a teenager.

But sometimes we don't have 3 hours to drive some where to see something new. Sometimes I just want A. to get out and see different sights and smells then he normally does. I needed wonton wrappers for a recipe and figured, going to the local Asian market would be more fun for A. then schlepping to Walmart instead. So I loaded us into the car and drove 10 minutes for a "road trip". Not all "trips" have to be long. Especially with a toddler.

Turns out I was right! A. loved looking at everything in the store. The store is filled with products we don't normally see at Aldies and some we do.

He loved pointing out items he recognized and smelling ones he didn't.

He liked walking up and down the isles and pointing out things he would want to buy.

After grabbing the wonton wrappers, Hello Panda snacks and some drinks, we headed home. A. seemed to have a great time visiting a new place and I enjoyed eating those panda cookies. It reminded me that I need to do a better job in the future of taking him to new places. I'll just have to keep my eyes are ears open from now on!

No comments: