Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cinderella on Blu-ray - plus my Top 5 Disney Movies

So in case you missed it, which I apparently have for a bit now, Disney is releasing Cinderella on blu-ray and DVD combo disc on October 2.

The 8 year old girl in my is so geeked out. Soo geeked out. Cinderella ranks as my 3rd all time favorite Disney moves. Let's visit my top 5 in order, because I'm sure you care.

The Little Mermaid
I watched this movie so much that the VHS beginning warpled. I had a Ariel doll that came in the bath with me and I remember thinking her life must be awesome because she gets to live under water. The minute it comes out on Blu-ray, I'm buying the one with the extra stuff in it.

Beauty and the Beast
I loved Belle when I first saw her. Her brown hair, her blue dress, how she loved to read. I loved that she was smarter than the other townspeople. I had all of the song on VHS and probably still do some where.

Cinderella
I loved the idea of singing birds and mice. I also wished for glass slippers like hers as a girl. Now as an adult I think what a horrible, horrible idea that sounds like. But they were oh so sparkly.

Sleeping Beauty
I use to dance around like Aurora does in the forest. I remember thinking living in the forest would be so awesome. It also featured a dragon, which My Dad to this day still loves, so I remember liking it for that reason.

Aladdin
I loved Jasmin's wit. She was smart and adventurous. Plus her beautiful singing voice. And who wouldn't want to go on a magic carpet ride through the clouds?

The main reason I still love Disney movies is because they remind me of being little. When dancing around in my mom's old clothes and thinking I was a princess was socially acceptable. I also like watching them with A. now. I don't care what anyone says, the harm Disney does to kids through their stories of princesses, blah blah blah. I like them. A. likes them. We can watch them together. If in the future he has an delusions about a women's worth, I'll handle it then. Right now, we will keep watching and singing along.

No comments: