Monday, August 27, 2012

Bacon - You're making doing it all wrong

Bacon is so incredibly yummy. So yummy. If a recipe says bacon in it, I'm interested. That being said, I wasn't aware that people hated making it. I love making bacon. Why? Because I bake mine. Yes, bake it.

Apparently this is weird and everyone I ever tell about it, from friends to co-workers, seem surprised at the idea. I learned it from My Mom who learned it when she worked at a summer camp. I have never made bacon any other way.

Baked Bacon
This was does seem to collect a lot of grease. But it's not being splattered every where on you and on your cook top. Yay!

Ingredients
Bacon

Directions
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.

Line your baking pan with tin foil. I mean, you can skip this part and scrub your pan, but I prefer the lazy way.

Lay bacon out. You can double up if you want, it seems to work just fine.

Cook for 10-20 minutes depending on your bacon preference. I usually do about 15, not slimmy but not burnt to a crisp. Basically take it out when it smells and looks like bacon you like.

Eat :)

No comments: