Monday, April 9, 2012

Spinach, Tomato and Feta Egg Bake

I'm not sure if you're a morning person or not but I have never been and never will be. I don't enjoy waking up, I don't enjoy getting out of my comfy bed, I don't enjoy putting on a bra and I don't enjoy making breakfast. Breakfast since I was a kid has always been one of those horrible meals, my stomach always feels off in the morning and if it involves more thought than a bagel with cream cheese, I'm not interested. So we do a lot of cereal around here.

Occasionally though, I will go all out and make breakfast for lunch or dinner. I love breakfast for lunch or dinner. I could eat it probably every day. I mean, seriously, who doesn't love pancakes, bacon, hash browns and eggs with yummy juice?

One of my go-to eggs is this super easy egg bake. It's like scrambled eggs, just baked. Much easier and super versatile, just throw whatever goodies you have in the fridge into it. I should note though that it is not faster, well maybe if you had to make scrambled eggs for a huge group of people, then it would be, but not just for one or two people.


Spinach, Tomato and Feta Egg Bake
I love how you can make this any flavor you want, sausage and cheese, veggie, all meats. Go crazy. You can also use only egg whites, which I have done before loaded with veggies, very yummy, it just baked a bit faster. This holds well in the fridge for at least 2-3 days after you make it but gets watery gross after that. This makes enough for an 8x8.

Ingredients
8 - 10 large eggs (enough eggs that it fills whatever dish you're using half way)
1/3 cup milk

2 tablespoons butter
2 cups spinach
1/3 cup onion
1 cup tomatoes

1 cup feta
salt
pepper

Directions
Scramble the eggs and milk together until very frothy.

Saute the spinach, onions and tomatoes in butter. Add to the egg mixture.

Add the feta, salt and pepper to the eggs as well.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees or until edges turn golden and center is solid.

No comments: