Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mommy Confession: the grocery store

Before I had A. I always thought when I saw parents pop open a bag of animal crackers or crack a thing of juice, really? How hard is it to pack snacks before you leave you lazy ass.


Yup. That was A. about an hour ago in the grocery store. I could tell you some lame reason like I had just picked him up from Ya Ya's house from work and hadn't planned on stopping at the store, which is true. Or that he was having a whining fit, which is also true. No matter the reason, I am now that mommy. The one who opens packages of snack foods and shoves them at her child so she can just get through the check out line, and I only have one.

To all the other mommie's I've ever judged before, my bad. Well except the ones who are shopping for lacey bras at 9:55PM at Target with one of your kids passed out in the cart and the other eating pop corn while you talk on your cell phone, you still get judged.

No comments: