Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crock Pot Roast Beef

 So let's go backwards in time and talk about the crock pot roast beef I served for seder last Friday. I remember eating pot roast when I was little and thinking that it was the yummiest thing ever, that is, assuming I drowned it in ketchup. I never ate any veggie my poor mom tried to get me to eat and I would have never ate the crock pot roast beef below.

Now why so many posts about recipes? Is this suddenly turning into a food blog? Do I think my food is awesome and so are my pictures? No. No to all of those. My pictures are crappy, I mean, look at them, I take them with my phone because it's easier to upload wirelessly then stick the SD card into the front on the lap top. And my food is basic, mom food. No, the reason for so many food posts is simple, next year when I go to make the menu for Passover I can simply pull up this year's menu without spending hours on Pinterest looking for recipes.


Crock Pot Roast Beef
I make this different each time but I generally follow the same idea, throw things in the pot in the morning and eat it 8 hours later. You can sear the meat if you want for extra flavor but I honestly don't and no one complains.

Ingredients
pot roast - whatever size you can afford and will fit in your crock pot
steak seasoning

12 oz mushrooms - sliced into whatever size your family likes
1 large tomato
1/2 small onion

3 dashes of soy sauce
1/2 cup of french dressing

Directions
Season the meat with steak seasoning and place first in the crock pot.

Add the veggies in. Other veggies I usually throw in include carrots, potatoes and parsnips.

Add the soy sauce and french dressing.

Set for 8 hours on low on your crock pot. Meat will be done when it easily falls apart.

1 comment:

Wendylu said...

Making the Meatball n Veggie soup today. added extra meatballs as I've already taken the 7 days and expanded to 14 because there are 2 of us. I send the leftovers to work with hubby. That way it makes it man portioned.