Saturday, March 31, 2012

Caprese salad on a stick

Okay so I've been slacking again. I at least have a good reason why this time. It's the end of the month. I'm not sure what your work schedule looks like but for me, the last week of each month blows. Blows hard. The last week all of my client's freak out and start calling with every emergency one can and couldn't even begin, to imagine. Anywho, moving on.

I meant to post this reciepe for caprese salad along with the last one from book club. It's a quick, easy to assemble salad on a stick and I'm pretty sure with it on the stick, there's less calories. That's probably not 100% factual, just so you know. The original idea came from Terri's Table I just swapped out the basil leave for small spinach leaves and instead of balsamic dressing, served poppy seed and cranberry walnut vinaigrette dressing on the side.


Caprese Salad on a stick
Very quick and simple appetizer. I prepped these the night before and they held up great for the next night and even into the second day.

Ingredients
grape tomatoes
fresh mozzarella 
baby spinach leaves
bamboo tooth picks (I found mine at Target)

Directions
 Assemble them in the order that you desire, I prefer cheese on the bottom because I like cheese more than tomato.

No comments: