Friday, April 1, 2011

Mommy Confession - Morning TV is my Friend

So I've mentioned before that I'm not a morning person. I'd rather start going to sleep when normal people are waking up and going for four mile runs. Ewww.

This strong dislike for mornings causes me not to just hate waking up and all the people who enjoy waking up early, no, it causes me to be a bad mommy. What kind of a bad mommy? The one that pours Cheerios into a glass in her pj's and sits on the couch and spoon feeds her child while an education show on PBS plays.

Yes, my hate for mornings causes me to be that kind of mommy. The one where I'm hoping that for the first half an hour I don't have to worry about pinning him down to wash his hands from breakfast or having to do anything besides sit there while I learn vocab from an annoying, know it all dog named Martha. I hate that dog about as much as I hate mornings but who can argue with a vocab lesson to start the day? At least I don't let him eat Cherrios on the couch nearly naked while he watches Saved by the Bell or some equally horrible transgression from the 90's. At least I'm not that kind of bad mommy. Oh wait I probably am that kind of bad mommy too... check back in the future.

2 comments:

sanctimomious said...

I despise making breakfasts. I will happily cook dinner for 20, but I find breakfast demands to be so insulting- and I AM a morning person! So you might be a "bad mother" but I am just a bad wife, I make my husband do breakfast!! ;)

Stephanie said...

I feel the same way! I'll even cook breakfast *for* dinner, just not in the morning. And I wish The Husband would do breakfast but he hates it just as much as I do.