Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sausage, Egg and Cheesy Biscuit Breakfast Muffins

I have an obsession lately. Well actually, I have a lot of them but the one I'm thinking of right now is my two jumbo muffin tins I own. I adore them. Seriously, adore them. If I could bake everything in them I would. That is how much I love them.

Because of this love I find myself searching blogs for recipes I can make in my jumbo muffin tins which lead me to a simple but very yummy recipe for make ahead breakfast muffins. Which is exactly the kind of recipe I need because I'm not one of these mom's who can manage to make anything besides cold cereal and coffee in the morning. With a toddler who wakes up at 5:50 am in the morning and a job that has me getting home around 11 pm, breakfasts consisting of big fluffy stakes of homemade pancakes, hand formed sausage patties and fresh squeezed orange juice just isn't happening. That is unless we go out to eat and I'm too cheap for that.

The other reason this recipe is wonderful because it's one of those that you can just guess your way through and throw in whatever ingredients you like best. Following my recipe, which is an adaption from Cooking with my Kid, this will make 20 breakfast muffins.

I love these. They reheat really well and hold for about 2 to 3 days in the fridge. They also freeze really well (defrost them wrapped in a paper towel) and because they are the perfect portion sized and hand held, they are my new favorite thing to make with my muffin tins


Sausage, Egg and Cheesy Biscuit Breakfast Muffins

2 packages, 20 total, regular sized biscuit dough
20 eggs, scrambled
1 lb sausage
Shredded cheese
Salt
Pepper

Cook sausage and season to taste. Scramble all of the eggs together. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and place one biscuit dough in the bottom of each muffin tin. Spread them out so they cover the bottom but they probably won't cover the sides. Place a few tablespoons of sausage in each muffin tin. Top with cheese and pour scrambled egg mixture in till it covers the sausage and cheese and is about 2/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees until browned on top.

No comments: